public class DumpJournal
- extends Object
A utility class that opens the journal in a read-only mode and dumps the root
blocks and metadata about the indices on a journal file.
- $Id: DumpJournal.java 6370 2012-06-28 18:06:53Z thompsonbry $
- Bryan Thompson
- add an option to collect histograms over index records so that "fat" in
the indices may be targetted. We can always report histograms for the
raw key and value data. However, with either an extensible serializer
or with some application aware logic we are also able to report type
specific histograms., add an option to dump only as of a specified commitTime?, add an option to copy off data from one or more indices as of a
specified commit time?, add an option to restrict the names of the indices to be dumped (-name=)., allow dump even on a journal that is open (e.g., only request a read
lock or do not request a lock). An error is reported when you actually
begin to read from the file once it is opened in a read-only mode if
there is another process with an exclusive lock. In fact, since the
root blocks must be consistent when they are read, a reader would have
to have a lock at the moment that it read the root blocks...
Dump one or more journal files.
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public static void main(String args)
- Dump one or more journal files.
args - The name(s) of the journal file to open.
- Dump metadata for indices in all commit records (default
only dumps the metadata for the indices as of the most current
- Dump the indices (does not show the tuples by default).
- Dump the pages of the indices and reports some information on the page size.
- Dump the records in the indices.
public static void dumpJournal(File file,
Copyright © 2006-2012 SYSTAP, LLC. All Rights Reserved.